LET ME MARRY AND REST!



I met a young man some weeks back who got married some months ago, on his way from work! he look so tired and all exhausted, after we exchange pleasantries.
He said brother: Take your time before you settle down in marriage. I looked at him and said 'yes Sir'...
I understood that statement very loud and clear. Not that he is not enjoying his marriage, He is.
As my dad will say: It is easier to get into it than to get out of it!!!.
I have heard some young people makes such statement "let me marry and Rest".
Listen!!!
Young man and young woman, No one marries and rest.

Marriage comes with greater responsibilities.
for the fact that your friends are getting married does not mean you should rush too.
For the fact that your parents makes some statements that you are not comfortable with does not mean you should rush.
Some times back, after my sister had a very stressful day from school, she prepared dinner and served everyone, as at the point she wanted to sit down and rest, our dad called on her to come help him do something, and the next statement was '' I wish I will just marry and leave this house to rest'"... Especially ladies...
I looked at her and laugh.

Yea!! I understand how stressful your home might be, but that should not put you on the run to go and marry.
Ask those who are married they will say,: the early days, weeks, months or years in marriage are 'funny but not funny'
It is no longer one but two in one.
Reality has come to stay. No going back. It's a life time journey.
You can only wish but at this point your wishes has all gone into extinction.
You might be physically matured, but marriage is not just by physical maturity, are truly matured emotionally? Spiritually? Mentally?
The world often will want to put you under pressure.
Are you OK??
When are you bringing a man?
What are you waiting for??
We need grandchildren!
We are tired of you in this house.
All your mates are married.
And so what about it??

Don't get carried away when you see them on uniform holding hands in public places, some just received the beating of their life before they left home, some are been abused day in day out.
They only present to you that which they want you to see in the public.
Well!! Fear not.. Marriage is awesome, and it will be awesome for you when you don't succumb to pressure, but follow divine leading of God. I have seen some glorious homes, happy family.
I have seen some couples in recent time that I envy their marriages, in fact seeing them at time quickens the drive to get married. wow.
And I have seen some that I am tempted to say if this is how marriage is, I will rather not marry!!!.
  Amidst all this, don't bow to pressure but rather bow to God in prayer.
 
Seek the face of God and not the face of people.
Never you yield to pressure.

"Take your time"  but that does not mean you should take your time for ages to come, I mean take your time in prayer, pray and pray again. God never leads his children who diligently seek him wrong, He always order their steps.
Develop yourself positively.
When two developed people comes together in marriage, there will be a quality productivity.
I pray for grace to stand in the midst of pressure in Jesus name.
You will not marry wrong.
God will lead you right as you patiently seek his face concerning your wife or husband in Jesus name.

                                                                    Dr. Oyebade Jerry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PASTOR PAUL ADEFARASIN POST TOUCHING TRIBUTE TO LATE GOSPEL SINGER ERIC ARUBAYI.

NO ELECTION IN ANAMBRA STATE STANDS: SAYS IPOB LEADER!

DEEPERLIFE BIBLE CHURCH INAUGURATES THEIR NEW HEADQUARTERS AUDITORIUM.